Thursday, December 10, 2009

snowstorm.

This is what it looks like outside:


Therefore, after surviving the commute to and from work (and the 8.5 hours in between), I returned home and came inside and stayed. And then I made soup. Really good soup. And these cookies from Heidi Swanson's brilliant blog, 101 Cookbooks. You may notice that hers are prettier than mine, but tonight, what mattered more was that the oven heated up my house (and, as a result, me) quite nicely, and these very gingery cookies with bits of chocolate and a coating of sparkly sugar were festive. I like festive, especially at Christmastime. And especially when life is uncertain.


Now, I am finally warm. Also, well fed. And although it is freezing and windy and blustery outside, it is also quite lovely, particularly when I am inside, peering through the windows at the snow globe of a world in winter.


May you be safe and warm and well-fed and festive and full of joy these mid-December days. Merry Christmastime.

1 comment:

  1. I miss the snowstorms of GR almost as much as I miss snow-bumper-cars in traffic. Does your house have a fireplace?

    ReplyDelete