Sunday, April 25, 2010

with a love like that.

Even
After
All this time
The sun never says to the earth,

"You owe
me."

Look
What happens
With a love like that,

It lights the
Whole
Sky.

-Hafiz


And so I strive for this kind of love, hope for redemption and light and beauty and purpose...

A friend reminded me this weekend that there can be peace in the marriage of discontent and hope. I certainly feel both discontented and filled with hope, but I don't always allow these sentiments to coexist in peace. I have a hard enough time letting this apparent contradiction exist within me, which is far from an actual embrace of it as healthy and good. But I want to reach for the embrace. I want to live in that space of peace.

And I want to do so with a love like that.

Let us light the whole sky, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment